So this morning I recieved a comment that I was nominated for a Liebster Award. Say what? I googled it, and while it’s not a physical award, it is an honor. Essentially it’s bloggers recognizing other bloggers and letting them know they appreciate their work. And of course in the process, we share with our followers to help promote each other and discover new blogs. It’s really a lovely idea to help support and grow our community.
First things first, thank you to Taylor of Peas Romaine Calm for the nomination! Like she says in her post about the Liebster, I was happily surprised by the recognition. I started this blog as a way to hold myself accountable and keep trying new foods and recipes. I’m humbled by how much people enjoy and support it.
Here are the rules of the Liebster Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Copy and paste the Liebster Award badge to your post.
- Nominate 10 new bloggers.
- Answer the 10 questions the person who nominated you asked you.
- Create 10 new questions to ask the bloggers you nominate.
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated by leaving them a comment on their blog.
Check and check on rules number 1 & 2. Here’s my list of nominees AKA blogs that I think are super cool:
- The Foodie Battle
- Kat’s Confessional
- Happy Healthy Tash
- Unwed Housewife
- One Taste at a Time
- Yummy with No Money
- The Chesire Cook
- All The Pasta
- Jess Learns To Cook
And now the questions Taylor asked us to answer:
- How did you pick your blog’s name? I was a painfully picky eater growing up. It wasn’t until college when I taught myself to cook that I found the freedom to really expand my tastes. I call myself a “reformed” picky eater now, and hope I can show others that food doesn’t have to be scary if you take control of it.
- Describe yourself in three words. Silly, perfectionist, fun-loving.
- What is your guiltiest pleasure? Cooking shows. Not that it’s a secret, I’m pretty open about my guilty pleasures.
- What single quality do you most appreciate in people? A sense of humor.
- What’s your favorite post that you’ve written? (Link, please!)Tough to pick, but probably my post I Love: Trying New Things because it was my first entry that I really spoke about myself candidly.
- Where do you get your inspiration to write? By what’s in my pantry! I stick by the write what you know rule, and so far it’s done me well.
- What is your all time favorite type of cake? A fluffy vanilla cake with fresh strawberries in the center and whipped cream frosting.
- Would you still blog if you knew nobody was going to read it? Yes, I never thought anyone really would haha. I try not to overthink when I’m writing, I don’t have a desire to sound poetic or contrived. I write my thoughts as they come up, then go back and just clean it up a little.
- What’s your favourite (non-blog) website? I’m always browsing Reddit when I am bored.
- If any Hollywood star, dead or alive, could play you in a movie of your life, who would it be? If it was a drama, Rooney Mara. If it was a comedy (more likely), Zooey Deschanel.
OK, home stretch! Here’s my questions for my nominees:
- What made you decide to start your blog?
- What’s the best vacation you ever took?
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
- What’s your favorite food?
- What food would you never eat or eat again?
- Who is your biggest inspiration?
- What would your spirit animal be?
- What movie could you watch over and over again?
- Do you like to write outside your blog? (Journal, poetry, etc)
- What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Again, this is all just for fun and community, so don’t feel pressured to have to do this. I just think it’s a really great way to discover new blogs and show some fellow bloggers support. It takes some bravery to put your thoughts and ideas out in the world, and everyone deserves some encouragement and positive feedback. Thanks again to Taylor for the nomination, I had fun participating.
If any of my nominees decide to post, lease me a comment so I don’t miss it!
Check back in a couple days for a new post straight from my kitchen. Thanks to all my followers!